When it comes to losing belly fat and strength training, people usually choose running as an ultimate pathway. Be that as it may, walking with moderate intensity has a high impact on weight loss.
Is walking better than running for weight loss? - A common puzzle.
When you wish for yourself to lose weight, you don't usually expect to walk every day. Instead, you want yourself to run as hard as you can because it seems more helpful to burn your calories. However, there is a whole different story behind it.
- While running, your body switches to the anaerobic metabolism because of facing a decreased supply of oxygen. Simply put, it is an instant inefficient source of energy that lasts for approximately 90 seconds until you get enough oxygen to breathe. This switch of metabolism requires hormonal support, particularly Cortisol ~ aka the stress hormone. This hormone is involved in almost every type of rigorous workout to provide power.
- However, if you continuously stick to the cortisol-induced exercises for the long term, you will accumulate more belly fat no matter how less you eat and more your workout.
- On the other side of the coin, walking doesn't stimulate as much Cortisol levels. Alternatively, your body undergoes more significant weight loss effects. Besides, it is an aerobic exercise that results in a sufficient supply of oxygen throughout the body and keeps all your vital organs healthy.
Make clear that bodyweight management is not a caloric matter, preferably it is a hormonal concern.
How to incorporate a walk into your day?
Walking is something you do every day, but you do not find it legitimate to lose weight or maintain a balanced metabolism. If you consistently abide by brisk walking for at least 30 minutes several times a week, it can do wonders for your body. Besides, you will lose 500 calories a day, which is an ultimatum to weight loss.
A Great Physician Hippocrates pictures Walking as a man's best medicine.
Everyone is forced indoors due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet there is always a way out of every difficulty. Quick breaks for a walk can be forced into your working hours, and a treadmill workout is the best and time-saving remedy for this purpose.
The best speed to walk on a treadmill for weight loss depends on the maximum heart rate per minute your body can manage. Subtract your age from 220 to gain an empirical value to measure that. It should be noted that during a workout, your primary goal is to hit at least 50 to 70 percent of the maximum heart rate.
How many steps to walk a day for weight loss and daily activity?
The step count ultimately depends on your body weight. For example, if you have gained more weight, then ten thousand steps would be your perfect goal daily. But if you're not that obese, you probably won't require the same number of steps every day.
You can also keep a fitness tracker watch or app for tracking your steps accurately.
Bonus Perks of Walking
When you stick to a consistent walk daily, it can have additional significant impacts on your health.
- Brain-Boosting effects
- Improved eye-sight by reducing eye pressure
- Prevention of heart diseases
- Improved digestion
- Back pain relief
- A calmer mind
Other than these health impacts, you can also improve your studier bones and joints. You don't need to worry if you're unable to walk properly due to painful knees. Physix Gear Sport brings you a surprising knee-pain reliever that supports your knee joint and stops the transfer of pain to back, hip, and feet.
Knee braces designed for natural and everyday knee relief. Now, you don't need any clunky or awkward knee braces anymore. Therefore, they come in other different sizes and designs as well such as Open Patella Knee Brace, built with high-grade stabilization technology.
Where to purchase Knee Braces?
Physix Gear Sports ensures to provide you with the premium supportive knee gear and bring you the opportunity of an effective workout without any barrier.