During pregnancy, a lot of women face troubles, including constantly swollen feet. Those feet have numerous chances of developing deep vein thrombosis due to lower blood flow and clotting. Maternity compression socks are the ultimate solution to combat such struggle.
Below you will get to know the magical benefits of compression stockings and how they help pregnant women.
Benefits of Compression Socks
There are chances that you might not require them in the early gestation. Yet, Compression socks are reliable to manage several critical events during and after pregnancy.
Prevent Blood Clots
As your womb expands, your pelvic area and veins go through a lot of pressure in maternity, which sometimes leads to varicose.
Moreover, in pregnancy, the risk of erupting deep vein thrombosis is maximized as the level of blood-clotting proteins increases.
However, you can adopt some preventive strategies to avoid such events.
- Do not stay in the same position for a long time.
- Take a small change in your position if you are sitting or standing for a while.
- When sitting, avoid the crossed legs position.
- In pregnancy, heels can be dangerous, cut them off for those nine months for the sake of you, and your baby’s health.
- Indulge physical activity in your daily life routine.
Knee-high compression socks recuse pains, discomfort, swelling, and increase blood circulation in the legs.
Reduce the Risk of Swelling
The additional blood that the body generates during pregnancy causes swelling. You might suffer from edema in which your feet, ankles, legs, hands, and face swell out and develop mild pains and aches. Compression socks can help you avoid such conditions.
There are different types of compression socks used for different trimesters. Doctors or physicians approve 15 to 20 mmHg compression in the first to second trimester and 30 mmHg compression in the third.
Healthy and Stable Pregnancy
The everlasting benefits of compression socks do not only revolve around pregnancy, but they also have other perks as well. They prevent blood from pooling in your leg veins, rescue swelling, decrease orthostatic hypotension, prevent venous ulcers, and many more.
These compression stockings boost your body energy levels, which makes you walk out freshly and active all day long. Moreover, they can be worn under all dresses and shoes.
You can also wear them after a long tiring day to relieve stress and aches caused by tiresome hectic routines. Moreover, compression socks lessen the risk of morning sickness effectively.
The Right Method to Choose the Best Compression Socks
It is not a tough job to get your hands on the best compression socks, yet you should seek the right level of compression based on your need. To find the best maternity compression socks for you, here are some factors you need to consider.
- Right Level of Compression: To access the right level, you can direct yourself to your professional clinician for the recommendation and guidance.
- Right Size: Wear a size that suits you, hold tight enough that you never feel tension and discomfort. Larger or smaller sizes will not show optimal results.
- Suitable Style: Look for your most appropriate type of compression socks. They come in different styles for different purposes. Like during pregnancy, you need knee-high length compression stockings, in ankle pain, you need ankle high sized compression stocking and vice versa.
- Graduated Compression: You need to find the balanced compression stockings that put compression on all the areas equally and fairly. The reason is that some of the socks are very tight and compressed at the feet and get loosen up when moving upward on the leg area.
Where to Find the Best Compression Stockings
To find the best compression stocking, Physix Gear Sport is the best online store where you can get Maternity Compression Socks and regular compression socks for everyday wear. They have a wide range of compression pressures between 20 to 30 mmHg with full safety protection. You can choose your favorite color and print from the range of products and match them with your daily outfits.