Plantar fasciitis socks are used to treat and provide relief from the painful symptoms of plantar fasciitis, an inflammation of the fibrous tissue that connects your heel bone to the toes. Plantar fasciitis is relatively common and is usually characterized by a sharp, stabbing pain felt at the bottom-middle of your foot near the heel.
Plantar fasciitis socks are a specialty sock designed specifically for people suffering from plantar fasciitis, however they can assuredly be worn by anyone who is experiencing foot arch pain and throbbing foot tissue. Plantar fasciitis socks work to provide extra support to the fibrous tissue and tendons in the arch of your foot that connects the heel to the toes.
Plantar fasciitis socks primarily work to:
Provide Arch Support and Increase Blood Circulation
- By applying targeted compression to the arch area between the heel and toes
- By providing continual arch muscle support throughout the day while they are worn to prevent arch fatigue
- The best plantar fasciitis socks include graduated compression over the entire area that the sock covers, which can improve blood circulation in your feet
Treat Existing Heel Pain and Swelling
- By reducing inflammation in the plantar fascia tissue in your foot
- By providing support to overloaded joints
- The compression provided by the socks results in pain relief
Provide Ankle Support
- By providing compression support to the entire ankle area, reducing ankle tension and swelling
- By allowing step weight and impact to be properly distributed across the entire foot and ankle
Increase Comfort and Mobility
- The decrease in inflammation, pain and swelling allows you to be more mobile, get out more, and increase your overall well being
- The socks are designed with high-quality specialty materials such as Nylon and Spandex, which provide for much better comfort than traditional cotton socks
Prevention of General Foot Pain and Problems
- The all-day support these socks provide will be particularly helpful for long-hours workers or anyone who is up and about walking around frequently during the day
- Plantar fasciitis socks also work to treat and prevent chronic foot pain, heel spurs, Achilles tendonitis, and splint pain
- Plantar fasciitis socks can also reduce calf cramping and provide light heel support when you aren’t wearing shoes
How should I wear Plantar Fasciitis Socks?
Plantar fasciitis socks feature an open-toed design, so this makes them great as all-purpose footwear so you can get relief and treatment any time. Wear them around the house with no shoes for extra support, and wear them on the go with sandals, sneakers, boots, flip flops or almost any other type of shoe.
You can also wear them under a normal sock. If you plan to wear plantar fasciitis socks in a fully enclosed shoe or boot (with or without any traditional socks over the plantar fasciitis sock) you may want to consider applying moleskin to your toes to prevent blisters. Healthline.com provides a great guide here on how to use moleskin to prevent blisters.
When should I wear Plantar Fasciitis Socks?
Bottom line: wear them any time you want relief. You can wear them all day and you can also wear them while you are sleeping. At a minimum, you should definitely aim to wear them whenever you are on your feet moving around.
Remember: whether you are wearing plantar fasciitis socks or any other type of sock, the best way to take care of your feet properly and keep them healthy is to change your socks at a minimum of once every 8 hours - so be sure to purchase enough socks to sustain your laundry cycle.
Where can I purchase Plantar Fasciitis Socks?
Physix Gear Sport manufactures the highest quality plantar fasciitis socks. Click here to head to our online store, where you’ll find the best plantar fasciitis socks out there on the market today. Looking for plantar fasciitis socks near you? Look no further: have them shipped to your house directly today. Try them risk-free—they will provide you with great arch support, pain relief and swelling reduction. If for some reason you are not satisfied, just send them back for a full refund!