We now enjoy countless ways to stay active, with a sport or activity for everyone. Regardless of your fitness level or coordination, there are many ways to improve your health by being active.
Becoming fit requires you to address several elements.
Activities should challenge your cardiovascular system, stimulate bone and muscle growth, involve all of your major muscle groups, and move your body through a full range of motion across all movement planes.
There are physical activities for the ultra athletes, the super competitive, and those who desire a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
No matter your interests, there is sure to be a physical activity that you will fall in love with.
However, resistance training benefits are so critical to our well-being that this type of exercise should be included in your life, at least two to three times a week.
At Physix Gear Sport, we have your wellness needs well looked after.
Benefits of Resistance Training
Resistance trainingoffers many benefits, and it does not require an expensive gym membership nor the purchase of costly at-home equipment.
A balanced, effective at-home resistance training workout plan can be achieved through resistance training bands and the weight of your body, commonly known as bodyweight exercises.
Examples of bodyweight exercises include push-ups, planks, and squats.
Resistance bands provide an intense workout for the entire body and come in a range of resistance levels, suitable for the beginner right through to the seasoned athlete.
Consider just five benefits of resistance training:
- Resistance training will improve your strength, essential for all aspects of daily living, and even more critical for sports performance. Strength training will also improve your balance, flexibility, and stamina. Stamina, or muscular endurance, is vital for many endurance sports like triathlons, soccer, and marathons.
- Resistance training has many functional applications, which will improve your ability to age well, and age more independently. Consider your ability to bathe, dress, and maintain your home as you age if your muscles become weak. A healthy body that can move through all ranges of motions is one that ages well. Resistance training will improve your mobility and flexibility. Being strong means that you may reduce your risk of falls, which can lead to life-limiting injuries.
- As we age, we naturally lose some of our bone density. To maintain healthy bones, we need to challenge our bones with weight-bearing and resistance exercises. By resistance training regularly, you can help yourself remain more independent as you age by reducing your bone fracture risk.
- Regular resistance training can help prevent and reduce the symptoms associated with many disease processes like depression, cardiovascular disease, osteopenia and osteoporosis, and diabetes. Resistance training 3-5 times a week will help you prevent and control many different chronic health conditions.
- Resistance training can help you to achieve and maintain a healthier body composition. Ideally, we want to keep the percentage of our body that is fat within acceptable amounts and build our muscle strength. Resistance training may help you to lose weight. Having a robust and healthy body with great musculature will increase your metabolic rate. A body with a recommended muscle to fat ratio will burn more calories. As we age, we naturally lose some of our lean muscle mass; it’s critical to weight train to maintain muscle mass. Be sure to include recovery and relief in your wellness plan, especially following resistance training!
Begin your resistance training program today! Results come quickly, and you will love all the benefits which will continue to amaze you. Your Physix Sport Gear Resistance Training Gear purchase comes with a free e-guide to get you started on your wellness journey!